Sunday, June 20, 2010

Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You

Leaving tomorrow morning: Flight departs at 6:09 AM from Bush Intercontinental.

Packing is a bitch. Actually - I'll take that back; lifting the bags you've packed for the next two years is a bitch. I had no idea these things I've chosen to travel with me would weigh so much. I weighed one bag: 48.6 pounds. The other (a larger bag): 67.3 pounds. My carry-on: 21 pounds. That's an accumulative weight of 136.9 pounds!! That's me plus a two year old - or a really really fat cat. Or I could say I'm dragging a young, slender teenager; pushing a hefty tween and carrying an average size toddler.

I've got to quit you

I didn't think I would be a mother of three at the age of 21. Nor did I think I would take my illegitimate children with me on a two year service with the Peace Corps.

Leave you when the summer comes a-rollin'.
I ain't joking woman, I've got to ramble.

No comments:

Post a Comment