Friday, May 14, 2010

Au Reviour

My best friend Ashley, graduated from Texas State University this morning with a Bachelors of Art: History major with a minor in philosophy. Her immediate family and most of her extended family traveled to San Marcos to watch the ceremony and then celebrate in San Antonio. Elyse, another one of my good friends, is graduating tomorrow morning from the same University with a Bachelors of Science: Business Major (I think). Chris is leaving Saturday to travel to his home state, Washington, and then off to China for a summer internship. Beak is moving to either Waco or Austin after the summer has come and gone. And my mom and dad will really, truly, have their nest to themselves...with all three pigeons moved out, and are spread across the world - this made me think of how everyone is coming to the end of yet another milestone in their life - turning pages and beginning new chapters in this ever-revolving novel.

I'm getting quite anxious about seeing everyone who is dear to me and holds a special place in my heart or soul... people who have impacted my life in a positive way, those who have stuck by me through thick and thin, and those whom I've known only for a short period... I'm nervous that I won't get to see everyone - not that I have a long list, it's more that I want to see my old friends, new friends and my best friends: this can get tricky when they're all over Texas and beyond.

Yet - it breaks my heart that some of these people don't acknowledge the importance they hold. Some of these people don't understand that they are positive influences, and have helped greatly to grow and to learn things both about myself and those around me. These people don't know that I may not see them again - so this is why it's so important for me to see them once more before our lives shift and change beyond knowing who each of us are anymore.

I hope, oh I hope, this comes through to some of you - I want you to know I care for you and am deeply committed to the friendship we have: through the good times, the boring times, the times where we may think we hate each other, and those times when we are inseparable. I love you all so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment