Monday, September 20, 2010

Chez Taillour & Hook-Ups

August 21, 2010

It's been a long time since the last entry due to the fact that this journal has been at the tailor's since Monday...maybe longer? Good news: My complet (a two piece outfit made of the same material, usually referring to a skirt and a top) is finished and I really love it! I am kind of thinking of getting the skirt taken in a little bit, but because I have to ride my bike I don't want it to be too tight. But it's exactly as I designed it! With a few minor changes and adjustments. I got a dress made too and I love that - it's wonderful and comfortable and easy!

Enough about dresses and getting clothes made (even though I love love love it) - let's talk about what's been going on socially. Everybody loves to gossip and predict who will hook-up, couple or what have you. Who's gonna hook-up is the biggest conversation starter and the most consistent answer would be that the senior PCVs all consider us (the mega stage) "fresh meat" and for the takin' - we'll see. I really don't understand how relationships even start here - nor do I understand the mentality of people meeting up and just "hooking up" which means, shield your eyes I'm about to be quite vulgar, fucking - I use that derogatory term because of the act which has no purpose nor emotion. I don't understand it and I don't really want to either.

I really was planning on being single for the next two years - I wasn't planning on having any kind of relations while here in Burkina Faso. I'm here for me and for the people of the country - not to hook-up, find my soul mate, or get frisky. I'll just watch the disaster from the sidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment