Saturday, October 2, 2010

Happy Father's Day Daddy-e-o!

Sunday, 05 Septembre 2010

You've successfully been a pops for a long time and you've done such a wonderful job! You sacrificed sleep to be there for all of our important games and recitals. You always supported us in every way you were able to. You disciplined us even when we butt heads. You always made us feel better when we were down. You are the BEST DAD anyone could ask or wish for. Thanks a million - words cannot explain or even begin to display the amount of gratitude I feel for you. I am so grateful to have such a strong, intelligent, disciplined, creative, determined, successful, funny, down-to-earth, R.O.S.S., supportive man to call my father. You are the best. Thanks! I love and miss you terribly - can't wait to see and talk to you again from across the world... your most favorite daughter -

Peanut

I miss my dad a lot. I wish I had the capability to see him whenever I wanted. I miss having him around to make me laugh when I want to cry. I want to be able to call him and tell him about all the crazy things I've encountered here in Burkina. I want him to see my house - and help me fix it up. I wish he could be here to see all my neighbors and be just as confused as I am when they speak to me in these foreign tongues. I wish I could get in his car and ride around with the top down. I wish I could ask him to get me a glass of milk when he would get up for seconds at dinner time. I want to scold him for his bad habits of smoking again. I want him to cook gumbo and spaghetti for me. I want him to be outside sweating profusely so I can bring him a big glass of ice water. I want to be able to hug him when I miss him like this.

1 comment:

  1. You're dad is awesome Lauren. It is so good you miss him this much.

    ReplyDelete