Thursday, October 28, 2010

Therefore, I am

09 Octobre 2010 : Samedi

I've found myself needing much more sleep lately - I don't know if that's the right word though: need; maybe it falls under the category of a want: I've been wanting much more sleep. Out of boredom? Out of escaping the heat? Out of avoidance? Out of loneliness? I don't really know. I do know my neighbor is washing dishes right now and that my ears feel clogged with liquid and my favorite puppy dog is sleeping not a foot from me. But he's not really sleeping, rather, he's resting with very cautious eyes. He's been hit and is always in a state of fright. So he's extra cautious around me - I try to be extra nice to him, use soothing tones when I speak around him and never make sudden movements and try to pet him gently on the head when he'll allow me. I also know that the children laugh at me. Everyday. All day. And I know it's not fun when they do that on days when I'm frustrated with language or just plain lonely.

One thing I think - I think I have to start learning and putting time into learning Mooré here. and I need a schedule I can stick to. Here goes nothing:

5:30 - 6:00 Run!
6:00 - 7:00 Bucket Bath
7:00 - 7:30 Breakfast
8:00 - 12:30 CSPS
12:30 - 14:00 Lunch / Repose / Nap
14:00 - 16:00 Mooré: Going out and talking in the village, at CSPS, with Agathe and then studying by myself
16:00 - 17:00 Repose / Write / Get water
17:00 - 18:00 Prepare Dinner
18:30 - 20:00 Eat
20:00 - 22:00 Read / Write / Sleep

Set on repeat.

Why can't I do that? Seems simple enough and the days I want to go to the school can substitute the time I would be at the CSPS.

1 comment:

  1. If you want to learn that language you need to have that like 3 times in your schedule bird. I know you can do it. I'm sorry you're lonely. Vagabond will cheer you up soon though!!!! Or maybe I will! I'm gonna just fly to Africa if this lonely talk business keeps happening :/

    Chirp!

    ReplyDelete